Individuals making purchasing decisions for goods and services on behalf of Marathon Oil must always act in the best interests of Marathon Oil.
- Avoid Conflicts of Interest, such as entering into agreements with family members or friends.
- Do not accept anything of value from an actual or potential third party that could create an obligation or an undue influence, or even give the appearance of doing so.
- Use a documented competitive bid process where appropriate to make supplier selection objective and based only on the best commercial and technical outcome for Marathon Oil.
- Verify the quality of products and services.
- Follow required due diligence processes, including confirming the legal and financial condition of the potential supplier.
- Properly document all purchasing agreements.