We are encouraged to actively participate in the political process, as long as we follow the law and keep our personal political activity separate from work.
- Participate in political activities on our own time and using our own resources.
- Do not use company funds for personal political contributions.
- Avoid partisan political activities at work.
- Do not engage in lobbying related to company interests unless previously approved by Marathon Oil’s CEO, General Counsel, or VP of Government Affairs.
- Do not make any lobbying contact with any
Government Officials A Government Official can be any of the following:without prior written authorization from Government Relations.
• Any officer or employee of a Government Entity
• Any person acting in an official capacity for or on behalf of a Government Entity
• A director, officer, or employee of a company or other business entity that is majority-owned or controlled by a Government Entity
• A political party, official of a political party, or candidate for political office
A Government Entity includes any government department, agency, function, or any company or business entity that is majority-owned or controlled by a Government Entity. Public international organizations such as the United Nations and the World Bank are also Government Entities.